The Old Foundry - Cottage holidays in Eastmoor, Norfolk
Here are the details for The Old Foundry ideal for a cottage holiday in Eastmoor, Norfolk. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
Originally built c.1840 and located in the tiny hamlet of Eastmoor, this large (3000 sq ft) single storey, detached house, was converted from a farm foundry in 2000. The building itself is constructed from brick and chalk and sits within about a third of an acre of gardens. The house boasts four generously proportioned bedrooms, each with en-suites. The living areas have 15ft high vaulted ceilings with exposed chalk and brick work creating a wonderfully light and airy space to relax in.
Eastmoor is in a rural setting surrounded by agricultural farmland. The village Oxborough is about one mile away where you will find a gastro pub and Oxborough Hall, a National Trust property. Two miles in the other direction from the property is the Parish of Barton Bendish which again has a great gastro pub to try out. The nearby towns of Swaffam and Downham Market are about 9 miles away and between them, have a large selection of supermarkets, independent shops, pubs and restaurants. With so many wonderful places in easy reach, The Old Foundry truly is the perfect base from which to explore Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four en-suite bedrooms, one with a zip and link bed which can be configured as a double or two singles.
- Fully enclosed front courtyard and fenced lawn garden at the rear.
- Wood burning stove.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Parking for six cars.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Exposed chalk and brick work and vaulted celings with exposed beams.
- Electric oven with gas hob, microwave and combined fridge/freezer.
- Dishwasher and washing machine.
- Two flat screen televisions, one with Freeview, one with Apple TV/Netflix.
- DVD player and Blu-ray player.
- Selection of board games and DVDs.
- CD player, wireless speaker and docking station.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Garden table and eight chairs with cushions.
- Four deck chairs and four reclining chairs.
- Weber barbecue.
This single storey brick and chalk detached house sits within a third of acre of gardens and has beautiful views across open farmland. Downham Market and Thetford Forest can be reached in 20 minutes while the Norfolk Coast is approximately 45 minutes’ drive.
|The Old Foundry has the following Facilities
The cottage has an enclosed garden
The cottage has an open fire - perfect for that authentic country cottage feeel on a winters evening
This cottage can be booked for a short break
This cottage sleeps more than 2 - perfect for families of all ages
Pets are welcomed at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 629.00
|This cottage Sleeps
| Enjoy an evening drink or a pub lunch at the nearbypub
The Old Foundry
|Bookmark this cottage:
||Cottage rental includes
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
Important note: All information provided about The Old Foundry is for guidance only. norfolkcottages.info is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages in Norfolk (East of England). The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.