Laylands - Cottage holidays in Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
Here are the details for Laylands ideal for a cottage holiday in Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
Laylands was the first building on the road to Wells-next-the-Sea and one of the earliest buildings in the 15th century town. It was originally built as an inn offering shelter to the drovers from the north bringing cattle and sheep to catch boats to the continent. The old settle where the drovers drank their ale still remains in the corner of the house.
Laylands enjoys an elevated position with views over a green belt conservation area. The house is detached with secluded front and rear gardens. The large rear garden, which is walled and south facing, has mature fruit trees and a large patio, perfect for outside dining.
The house is situated just a five minute walk from the harbour and the sea. Wells beach, with its famous white sand dunes and beach huts, is easily reached by a 15-minute walk through the pine wood. Having recently undergone a complete renovation which is sympathetic to the historic heart of the house, it also encompasses all the conveniences for modern living.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Five bedrooms, two en-suite bathrooms and one family shower room.
- Please note that one bedroom, although private, does not have a door and is more suitable for older children and adults.
- Wood burning stove.
- Front and rear gardens with patio.
- Onsite parking for four vehicles.
- Please note that the maximum occupancy for this property is 10 adults and one baby.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of three night stay.
- Underfloor heating in some parts of the property, wood burning stove in the sitting room.
- Large range cooker, microwave, American fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- 42" flatscreen TV, BT vision TV package including Netflix.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgates available upon request.
This was one of the earliest buildings in the 15th century town of Wells-next-the-Sea. Originally built as an inn, it has views over a conservation area. Recently renovated for modern living, the house has secluded front and rear gardens.
|Laylands has the following Facilities
Sea within 5 miles
The cottage has an enclosed garden
The cottage has an open fire - perfect for that authentic country cottage feeel on a winters evening
This cottage can be booked for a short break
This cottage sleeps more than 2 - perfect for families of all ages
Pets are not permitted at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 1300.00
|This cottage Sleeps
| This cottage is within 5 miles of the sea
Enjoy an evening drink or a pub lunch at the nearbypub
|Bookmark this cottage:
||Cottage rental includes
- Dog Free
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
Important note: All information provided about Laylands is for guidance only. norfolkcottages.info is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages in Norfolk (East of England). The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.